Co-creating programs to meet your objectives + budget
FOR SCHOOLS & Organisations
At YMCA, we believe in the power of inspired young people. We also believe in the power of social enterprise to play a key role in tackling social issues in innovative and sustainable ways. We have extensive experience in the area – both through running our own successful social enterprise, ReBuild, and delivering social enterprise education across Victoria.
This includes behind the scenes tours of some of Victoria’s most inspiring enterprises, workshops for both students and educators, our accelerator program Youth for Causes, enterprise camps and YMCA’s co-working space at Ikon Park, Carlton.
Our social enterprise initiatives support young people to:
• Explore their personal values, passions and sense of social purpose
• Develop transferable enterprise skills such as team work, financial literacy, digital literacy, problem solving, critical thinking and creativity
• Build their networks and practical experience to enhance their opportunities as job seekers and job creators
• Contribute to causes they care about in creative, meaningful and impactful ways
• Develop technical skills such as business planning
To find out more about the growing importance of enterprise skills and the changing nature of work, you can check out the Foundation of Young Australian’s research papers on The New Work Order.
We are currently working with a team of educators to map our social enterprise program to the Australian and Victorian school curriculums.
And while our programs are powerful, they’re even more powerful when we collaborate – which is why we work closely with schools, councils, community organisations and social enterprises to co-create programs and opportunities that meet your objectives, timeframes and resources.
If you’re keen to chat, please email our team at email@example.com.